Disclosure: This post may include affiliate links meaning I receive a commission if you make a purchase through these links at no extra cost to yourself. This helps to keep OSERA ad free. Thank you for your support on this platform.
Humidifiers For Monstera
Monstera plants might be a common occurrence in many people’s homes now but they originally come from the tropics where things are humid, and if they don’t get enough humidity things can start to go south really quickly. Humidifiers for Monstera are a great way to provide similar levels of humidity to what they would receive in their natural environments but in your home instead.
Many house and apartments have relatively dry air, especially during the winter months when people have their heating systems going at all hours. Dry air can cause Monstera leaves to dry out, turn crispy and the plant may stop producing as much new growth. For a shiny, happy, thriving plant you want to try and keep it in an environment where the humidity remains above 60%.
Below are our favourite humidifiers for Monsteras. They’re great models which we would recommend for most houseplants and they should help you to provde a tropical environment for your plant.
- 6L capacity means it can produce water vapour for much longer than other models with smaller tanks
- Large tank and output means it can provide humidity for larger rooms
- Auto feature where you can set the humidity you want your room to be at and it puts out vapour to maintain that level at a constant
- Option to add essential oils for aromatherapy
- Convenient remote for cnotrolling the humidifier without having to leave the comfort of your bed
- Night mode where the display switches off but the humidifier continues pumping out moisture
If you’ve followed OSERA for a while it should come as no surprise that the Levoit 6L humidifier is our first choice. It’s a fantastic model that’s reliable with a range of great features. It may come at a higher price tag than other humidifiers but it’s great at misting entire rooms and would work wonders with your Monstera. If you have several houseplants that need high humidity or you don’t have time to be refilling a humidifier every day then this is the model we would recommend for you.
- 6L tank capacity
- Handy remote control for ease of use
- Both warm and cool mist options
- Low noise operation so you can sleep while using your humidifier
- Easy refill
- Automatic humidity monitoring
This humidifier is perfect if you are looking for something a bit more sleek with a modern appearance. With its black design, this TaoTronics humidifier could look like any other piece of high end tech in your home. The TaoTronics model has all the features you’d want from a humidifier while looking stylish at the same time. It’s large tank means it can last much longer before you need to change it and allows you to provide humidity for several plants at the same time.
- 4L tank
- Relatively cheap model
- Easily cleaned
- Aromatherapy option – able to add essential oils
- Automatically shuts off when the tank is empty
- 3 mist speed setting
- Adjustable nozzle with 360 degree rotation
The 4L Levoit is a great humidifier for Monstera if you’re looking for something a bit cheaper and don’t mind changing the tank a bit more often. Many of the cheaper models only have 2 or 3L tanks but this humidifier is much more affordable while still having a generous tank size of 4L and some great features similar to the more expensive models
The humidifier you buy for your Monstera depends on your needs. If you have large rooms, several houseplants that like humidity or you’re busy and don’t want to be changing a water tank too often then we couldn’t recommend one of the 6L models more. We absolutely swear by the 6L Levoit humidifier and would recommend it to anyone. However, if you’re new to houseplants, have a small room, don’t mind changing your humidifier more frequently or only have the one Monstera then there is nothing wrong with choosing a model with a smaller tank, especially the white Levoit as it has plenty of great features similar to the more expensive models.
Article: Humidifiers For Monstera
Suggested Article: Humidifiers For Peace Lilies